Advance knowledge in service of equitable and open scholarship.
CREOS seeks evidence about the best ways disparate communities can participate in scholarship with minimal bias or barriers.
- First, it aims to make research in every field more equitably and openly available to all who could benefit from and/or contribute to it.
- Second, it aims to accomplish the first goal by conducting and supporting original research and sharing it openly.
We believe in
- Rigorous, evidence-based research to inform actions
- Tackling grand challenges identified by the community and internally at MIT Libraries
- Multidisciplinary problem solving and methodologies
- The power of equitable and open scholarship to accelerate the pace of discovery and create a more robust and comprehensive knowledge base for human understanding, insight, and quality of life.
Who we are
CREOS acts as a catalyst for collaborative research inside and outside of MIT and is part of a growing global community committed to improving scholarly communication for everyone. CREOS is part of the MIT Libraries and leverages MIT’s longstanding emphasis on innovation, entrepreneurship, and open sharing of educational and research materials. CREOS itself consists of a small team that conducts and supports basic research and is also a collaboration of institutional partnerships, interested faculty, visiting researchers, scholarly communication enthusiasts, and financial supporters who are willing to invest in research with a shared vision. Our audience includes anyone who is influencing the future of scholarly communication….”