“The Research Library ( https://www.lanl.gov/library/ ) seeks a Digital Library Infrastructure Engineer to help imagine, create, and sustain its digital library infrastructure. We support the Laboratory’s paramount mission to solve national security challenges through scientific excellence by delivering essential knowledge services. The durable value of these services depends on a foundation of effective and efficient software infrastructure, for which this role is instrumental.
This Software Engineer will work on a variety of projects supporting management, curation, discovery, dissemination, and preservation of institutional scientific content. Current initiatives involve upgrading specialized content discovery platforms, re-engineering data pipelines, modernizing core repository services, and adapting Agile software development and DevOps practices to our local context….”
“Reporting to the Head of Scholarly Communication Initiatives (SCI), specific duties are as follows:
- Utilizes Digital Scholarship@UNLV to manage, store and make public UNLV research outputs.
- Provides expertise and guidance on fulfilling federal mandates for sharing/dissemination of research outputs such as data and articles.
- Collaborates with the Data Librarian to provide holistic support for research data services with a focus on dissemination and preservation.
- Utilizes appropriate research metrics, including citation analysis, bibliometrics, altmetrics, and emerging tools to assist faculty with articulating research impact and managing scholarly reputation.
- Provides analyses of bibliometric data for campus stakeholders.
- Supports research workflows through the identification of appropriate tools (e.g., Open Science Framework and Figshare), and provides support/expertise for those tools. Develops an understanding of existing research infrastructures, tools, and workflows used by researchers at UNLV to inform direction in this area.
- Advises and guides UNLV researchers on best methods to maximize their reach and online reputation through social media platforms such as academia.edu, google scholar etc. and the use of persistent identifiers such as ORCID.
- Acts as lead contact for the Libraries’ subscription to ORCID, overseeing technical issues or projects such as implementing single sign-on.
- Utilizes a variety of outreach and communication methods such as workshops, consultations, and library guides to engage researchers.
- Contributes to overall SCI department efforts to inform and educate UNLV faculty and students on the evolving scholarly landscape. Stays current and up to date with scholarly communication and related areas to be effective in this task.
- As a tenure-track library faculty member, the incumbent will also be expected to engage in scholarly activities, including publication, and to provide service to the university, the community, and the profession in accordance with Libraries and University standards for promotion and tenure. …”